So happy to start the month with a fabulous recipe, and such a delicious ingredient. Cherries are my number one, well besides strawberries in the summer, and the #TwelveLoaves team, had created a bunch of delicious and creative recipes for you to enjoy this summer.
I made a good for you muffin, low in sugar but pack with the cherry flavor, some fiber came to the party to add some fiver to the mix and of course cherries, in this case I used frozen because sometime you need to work with what you have.
This are perfect for a pick me up or as a complement to breakfast, definitely a delicious way to start of end you day.
Hope you like them and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup of oats (not the instant one)
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup of super fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grown cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, lemon zest and oats, mix, then in another bowl also mix eggs, vegetable oil and half and half, then add in 2 additions the wet ingredients to the dry, mix until incorporated.
- Add the cherries and combine, don’t go crazy we want to see the cherries in the muffins.
- Now, in a grease muffin tin add 2 small scoops of the mixture, then bake for 25 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 cherry muffins.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||25 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#TwelveLoaves June: Cherries
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this June, 2014, and posted on your blog by June 30, 2014.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess.
#TwelveLoaves runs smoothly with the help of our friends. Thanks to the wonderful Renee Dobbs and Liz Berg for their help this month!
- Buns with Cherries and Beetroot wrapped in Bacon from Luisa of Rise of the Sourdough Preacher
- Cherry-Almond Focaccia from Lora of Cake Duchess
- Cherry Almond Sweet Rolls from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Cherry Almond Twists from Dionne of Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cherry English Muffins from Karen of Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cherry Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins from Alice of Hip Foodie Mom
- Cherry Cream Cheese Danish from Heather of girlichef
- Cherry Oatmeal Muffins from Kathya of Basic N Delicious
- Cherry Quick Bread from Holly of A Baker’s House
- Cherry Sweet Bread Twist from Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Swirl Overnight Sweet Rolls from Donna of Cookistry
- Double Cherry Muffins from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Cherry Almond Muffins with Streusel Topping from Sherron of Simply Gourmet
- Dried Cherry and Mahlab Scones from Felice of All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze from Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Reneé