So happy to start the month with a fabulous recipe, and such a delicious ingredient. Cherries are my number one, well besides strawberries in the summer, and the #TwelveLoaves team, had created a bunch of delicious and creative recipes for you to enjoy this summer.
I made a good for you muffin, low in sugar but pack with the cherry flavor, some fiber came to the party to add some fiver to the mix and of course cherries, in this case I used frozen because sometime you need to work with what you have.
This are perfect for a pick me up or as a complement to breakfast, definitely a delicious way to start of end you day.
Hope you like them and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup of oats (not the instant one)
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup of super fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grown cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, lemon zest and oats, mix, then in another bowl also mix eggs, vegetable oil and half and half, then add in 2 additions the wet ingredients to the dry, mix until incorporated.
- Add the cherries and combine, don’t go crazy we want to see the cherries in the muffins.
- Now, in a grease muffin tin add 2 small scoops of the mixture, then bake for 25 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 cherry muffins.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||25 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#TwelveLoaves June: Cherries
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this June, 2014, and posted on your blog by June 30, 2014.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess.
#TwelveLoaves runs smoothly with the help of our friends. Thanks to the wonderful Renee Dobbs and Liz Berg for their help this month!
- Buns with Cherries and Beetroot wrapped in Bacon from Luisa of Rise of the Sourdough Preacher
- Cherry-Almond Focaccia from Lora of Cake Duchess
- Cherry Almond Sweet Rolls from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Cherry Almond Twists from Dionne of Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cherry English Muffins from Karen of Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cherry Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins from Alice of Hip Foodie Mom
- Cherry Cream Cheese Danish from Heather of girlichef
- Cherry Oatmeal Muffins from Kathya of Basic N Delicious
- Cherry Quick Bread from Holly of A Baker’s House
- Cherry Sweet Bread Twist from Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Swirl Overnight Sweet Rolls from Donna of Cookistry
- Double Cherry Muffins from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Cherry Almond Muffins with Streusel Topping from Sherron of Simply Gourmet
- Dried Cherry and Mahlab Scones from Felice of All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze from Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Reneé
Pingback: Cherry Quick Bread #TwelveLoaves June | A Baker's House
Pingback: Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze #TwelveLoaves | My Site
Pingback: Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze #TwelveLoaves | Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Pingback: Cherry Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins for #TwelveLoaves | Hip Foodie Mom
Wow, these look delicious. I am going to have to whip up a batch for work, so I can snack on them during the week to keep me going.
I’m realizing it is dangerous to read through the #TwelveLoaves posts over breakfast as I am hungry and want to eat all of these pretty muffins, danish and breads all at once! Wish I had a magic wand to make them appear before me right now!
Wow, these seem so easy and delicious!!!
Gosh these look tasty! I’d love a muffin packed full of cherries!
Beautiful cherry muffins, Kathya! Love the addition of oatmeal which makes these the perfect breakfast.
I agree that muffins are the perfect pick me up and I really love them for breakfast. Love this muffin idea for our cherry event!
Hi Kathya! love these muffins!! I was going to make cherry oatmeal because I love this combination!!! Pinned!
These would make an excellent breakfast muffin! Thank you for making these for us.
Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing your muffin recipe. I like that it low in sugar. We try to eat as little sugar as possible in our home, outside of the occasional treat here and there.
These muffins sound like the perfect pick-me-up snack to throw into a cooler! Delicious.
Pingback: Cherry Almond Sweet Rolls | Magnolia Days
Love the look of your oatmeal muffins, Kathya! Cinnamon and lemon are perfect flavorings with the cherries!
Great way to sneak in healthy with the oats. Totally makes them a winner for breakfast.
Pingback: Cherry Almond Twists #TwelveLoaves - tryanythingonceculinary.com
Pingback: Cherry Quick Bread