This month for the #TheLeftoversClub I decided to make something very traditional of my country, here in american fudge is super famous, but in Costa Rica we made cajetas, and we made this sweet delicious candy with powder sugar and condensed milk, I know right, different, intriguing and so delicious.
Is so popular in my country the you can find this candy in every corner, with peanuts, coconut, chocolate, vanilla, well you can imagine all the flavors.
I hope my friend Marrie Matter like this, because is really made with a lot of love.
And you really need to make it, is so easy and am sure your kids and family will love it too.
If you want to join The Leftovers Club just click and make sure to read all the rules or just send me an email and I will send the info to you.
- 2 cups of powder milk
- 1 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup hold milk
- 1 can of sweet condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a microwave save bowl, pour the condensed milk and butter, place in te microwave for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, stir until the mixture is homogeneous, add the peanuts or the nut of your preference, and cook in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Once ready add the powder milk and the milk, mix with a spatula until is completely combine.
- Place the cajeta in a pyrex slightly grade, and cover the hold dish, the same way you do when making fudge.
- Let it cool completely before cutting in pieces.
Yields 22 pieces of cajeta.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||6 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|