I’m so happy to be back to this group, baking is something the I really love, and this month we are baking with spices, thank to Deepti of Baking Yummies for this amazing theme.
It is a huge challenge to created a bundt cake with different spices the combine well in different flavors, like fruits or just to think in make something out of your comfort zone.
My inspiration for this cake? Apple pie, defiantly a favorite in every house, and I try to bring this flavors and make something very similar, delicious and different.
You notice by reading the recipe the it is simple but pack in flavor and the texture is just perfect.
Apple and cinnamon is like a good marriage, go well, you fell good and taste delicious.
So I hope you make it and enjoy it with you tea or coffee.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 granny smith apples pealed and dice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a bowl mix the apples with lemon zest, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cream sugar with butter for 5 minutes, add eggs one by one and vanilla extract, add dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk, and mix just to combine, add by hand the apple mixture.
- Place in a grease bundt pan, and bake for 1 hour, remember to check the center of the cake with a toothpick to make sure is completely cook.
Yields 1 cake.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month Deepti from Bakingyummies is hosting and she has chosen the theme as spices.
Last month all of us baked with chocolate and after thoroughly enjoying each other’s cakes, it was time to add some spice to the group.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email to Stacy at email@example.com or ask to join our private Facebook group.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month. Here are the links:
- Orange Cardamom Mini Bundt Cakes by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake by Tara at Noshing With the Nolands
- Fresh Apple Cake by Lauren at Sew You Can Cook
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Rum & Ginger Grapefruit Cake by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Spiced Applesauce Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Rum Glaze by Lauren at From Gate To Plate
- Saffron and Tahitian Vanilla Infused Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Honey and Beer Spiced Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Saffron Vanilla Bean and Orange Mini Bundt Cake by Deepti at Bakingyummies
- Peach and Spiced Tea Bundt Cake by Stacy at Food Lust People Love