What an amazing #SundaySupper we have this week, I feel very honored and excited because the company Merrell joins us around the family table.
I want to tell you that this recipe is inspired by the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica where for a long time my family and I went camping. Costa Rica is an exotic country that has the most incredible landscapes, mountains, beaches, parks, rainforests, and wonderful people.
As part of our tradition, the meals included in the Hearts of Palm, the product produced by the Palm. We use it to prepare a wide variety of dishes, but especially when we want to enjoy the beautiful scenery and fresh air.
When we came to the United States my husband and I realized even more the importance of inculcating in our children the family dinner, since being in Costa Rica we used to go to a family member’s house for dinner.
This is one of the most important traditions passed down generation to generation and when your family is so far away means even more.
It is super special for me to share this recipe as it is very attached to my roots and represents 100% of the versatility and beauty that the country has.
And in my family transmits the love and warmth every time we sit around the family table.
Encourage your children in this incredible tradition and make every Sunday special a unique moment to remember forever.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups chopped papaya
- 1 can of 14.5 oz Hearts of Palm
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and peel, sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
Drain the can hearts of palm and cut into slices, stir gently with the papaya, cut the lettuce into pieces.
In a bowl make the vinaigrette, stirring, agave nectar, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper, stir well until well blended.
In order to serve
On a plate place a cup of lettuce, one avocado half and 3 tablespoons of the mixture of Hearts of Palm with papaya, sprinkle a tablespoon of the dressing over and garnish with chopped cilantro.
This recipe makes 8 servings.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||0 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Merrell has chosen these 10 amazing bloggers to host a giveaway on their site. Make sure you stop by for a chance to win some great Merrell Products.
- Blueberry Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Korean Ribs – Alaska Camping Edition with MrsMamaHen
- Fresh Corn on the Cob by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado by Basic n Delicious
- Shallot BBQ Shredded Beef by Juanita’s Cocina
- Taking #SundaySupper Outdoors With a Fun Picnic…Featuring Spicy Pinto and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado by The Weekend Gourmet
- On Top of Our Game with Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars by The Watering Mouth
- Chicken & Dumplings Around the Campfire by Daily Dish Recipes
- Wine & Food Festivals; a lifestyle the whole family can enjoy! by Wine Everyday
- Outdoor Grilling Filipino Rice Cakes in Coconut & Banana Leaves by The Queen’s Notebook
The inspiration and recipes don’t stop there, we have more reasons to celebrate wine, food, friends and #SundaySupper and you don’t want to miss these great posts and recipes:
- Embracing Old Family Traditions while Creatiing New Ones ~ Enchiladas de Chile y Ajo by Girlichef
- The Embassy´s Nut Crescents by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chicken Curry Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosecco Sangria by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Bringing #SundaySupper to All by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey Mustard Baked Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- S’mores Brownies: Desserts Make #SundaySupper by Mama Mommy Mom
- Tandoori Salmon Rolled in Whole Wheat Couscous by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Macaroni with Spinach Pecan Pesto-Enjoying by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps Fam Friends Food
- Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style Family Foodie
- Wines For The Foods That Move You ENOFYLZ