Have you ever went on the hunt for a ingredient? Something you know you need it just because you want to make that specific recipe?
Well this is the case of a lot of cook everywhere and let me tell you sometimes it is hard even create a recipe with this specific ingredient.
But don’t today we have a lot of recipes with unusual ingredients the are difficult to find or you just went on a hunt for them.
I made a delicious and easy baked rice with mushrooms, and I know the this is a very easy ingredient to find but the recipe is something unusual and you know me I love to cook with rice, and show you the there are so many recipes you can make with simple and basic ingredients.
Hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup parboiled uncooked rice
- 1 bag of frozen peas with carrots
- 1 pound of crimini sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of butter in a baking dish.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the water, place the mixture in the baking dish, put it in the oven and add the water, this is the safest method you can used, and bake for 40 minutes.
- After the time is done, add the rest of the butter to the rice, combine well and place in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Once ready, serve immediately or cover and reheat later. This rice is a great side dish for your turkey, fish or a good salad if serve cool just add some dressing.
This recipe makes 6 servings.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||45 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
For more delicious ideas go to this recipes.
Spread it on Thick
- Homemade Mascarpone from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sugar Plum Fairy Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Porcini Compound Butter from Nosh My Way
Nibbles and Sides
- Baked Rice with Mushrooms from Basic N Delicious
- Brie Blackberry Bites from Family Foodie
- Foie Gras Bites from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Miso Risotto from Crazy Foodie Stunts
The Main Event
- Bourbon Butter Venison Bites from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Fennel Frond Pappardelle with Rabbit, Muscat, and Cream from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Korean-style Tripe from kimchi MOM
- Lapin au Cidre – Cider Braised Rabbit from Food Lust People Love
- Maple Bison Blueberry Burgers from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rabbit Braised with Kalamata Olives and Prunes from The Texan New Yorker
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet from Nik Snacks
- Wild Venison Sausage Gravy from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Turkey, Wild Rice and Mushroom Casserole from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Wild Boar Pacific Rim Sliders from Peaceful Cooking
- Blueberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce from From the Bookshelf
- German Fruit and Nut Bars from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bananas/Toast Topped with Chocolate and Cheese from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow from Pies and Plots
- Ultimate Chewy Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Vanilla Poached Tamarillos from Manu’s Menu
- Wild Blackberry Scones with Lemon Glaze from The Foodie Army Wife
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Topped Waffles from NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.