This month we have the great inspiration of the Italian bread, the best of the best in this cuisine.
I love a good focaccia bread, but sometimes I don’t have the time to make it with yeast, so I try and experiment with different recipes and methods and found the perfect compromise to this delicious bread.
So easy and fast you will love the crunchiness and the flavor, a mixture of basil oil with oregano and parmesan cheese.
Perfect for a side in salads or pasta, and of course just for the pleasure of eating perfectly delicious Italian bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil oil or olive oil and more for the baking sheet
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl add, water, flour, baking powder, salt, oregano and garlic powder, mix until everything is incorporated, then turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes. Form a ball and place it in a previously grease baking sheet, pour a little oil in the surface of the dough and spread into a rectangular shape.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe makes 1 focaccia bread.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||25 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess and runs smoothly with the help of Heather of girlichef, and the rest of our fabulous bakers.
Our host this month is Rossella from Ma ch ti sei mangiato, and our theme is Italian Breads. For more bread recipes, visit the #TwelveLoaves Pinterest board, or check out last month’s mouthwatering selection of #TwelveLoaves Olive Breads!
- Calzone from A Baker’s House
- Ciabatta from Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Italian Easter Cheese Bread from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Lemon Brasadella Italian Coffee Cake from NinjaBaker.com
- Pane Bianco Filled with Tomato, Basil, and Garlic from Never Enough Thyme
- Pane di Genzano from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pane di Pasqua (Italian Easter Bread) from Cake Duchess
- Pane Toscano (Tuscan Bread) from girlichef
- Parmesan Garlic Grissini from From My Sweet Heart
- Rosemary Red Onion Beer Bread from Shockingly Delicious
- Quick Focaccia Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Tuscan Lemon Quick Bread with Limoncello Glaze from Rhubarb and Honey
If you’d like to bake along with us this month, share your Italian bread using hashtag #TwelveLoaves!