It is definitely a pleasure to be part of this amazing group and to have such an amazing guest today Sara Moulton, is a legend an inspiration and of course an incredible chef.
I follow her since the beginning and she inspired me so much.
We have the pleasure to work with her and her new cookbook Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners, and let me tell you, you need to have this book it have delicious recipes to make your days easy in the kitchen and the recipes are super easy to make.
I was very inspired by some classic favorites and I used her recipe for crepes, easy, delicious and good, I also made my super easy blueberry compote.
Hope you enjoy.
For the crepes Sara Moulton’s recipe from the book
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the blueberry compote
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Combine butter, milk, flour, eggs, and salt in a blender.
Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat a crepe pan or a saute pan to medium heat and brush with butter, stir the batter and ladle a scant 1/4 cup into the pan, tilting and rotating the pan until the batter coats the bottom. Cook for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the surface of the crepe looks set and the bottom is barely golden. Turn the crepe and cook for 30 seconds more on the second side.
Transfer the crepes to a cooling rack as they are cooked.
In a saucepan on medium low heat add the ingredients except the cornstarch and water, let it cook for 8 minutes, then mix the water and the cornstarch, add this to the mixture and cook for 3 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and let ir cool.
Put this dessert together, put 2 or 3 crepes in a plate and pour the compote on top or stuffed the crepes with the compote, either way is delicious.
This recipe makes 12- 6 inch crepes and 2 cups of compote.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Here are even more delicious inspired recipes from out #SundaySupper team
- Family Dinners:
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.