Ok people is that time of the month again, and we at the #TwelveLoaves club, are super exited to be sharing with you delicious recipes inspired by onions, yes, all kinds of onions, you named it .
On this occasion I made for you this delicious, amazing, incredible muffins, with caramelized onions and cream cheese, yep, this are really good flavors to combine, and oh my so good, with anything, cup of coffee, tea, soda, green tea, like I said, anything.
The best part is the you can make this muffins by hand no need of any special utensil, well only if you want to, but no need too.
Try then and enjoy, then let me a comment to see how you like them.
- 2 cups of pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 8 ounces package of softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1/2 onion, caramelized
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup scallions, only the green part
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- TO CARAMELIZED THE ONIONS: In a low heat pan, add the onions, butter and oil, let it cook for 10 minutes, moving the onions once in a while, let it cool completely before adding to the mix.
- FOR THE MUFFINS:
- In a bowl add, cream cheese and sugar mix until soft and well combine, add the egg, salt, pancake mix and the butter, combine well then add onion and half and half.
- Prepare a muffins tin with cooking spray and fill in with about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, then sprinkle the scallions and bake for 38 minutes.
- Let cool completely and enjoy.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||38 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
- Caramelized Leek and Onion Focaccia by Renee at Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Caramelized Onions Muffins by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Caramelized Vidalia Onion Rolls by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Crusty Cheese and Onion Bread by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Leek Bread with Red Curry by Rossella at Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Onion and Fennel Rye by Donna at Cookistry
- Onion Cheddar Bread by Dionne at Try Anything Once Culinary
- Onion Rolls by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Rustic French Onion Focaccia by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Sausage, Onion and Cheese Muffins by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Spicy Onion Paratha by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Spinach and Onion Braid by Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
#TwelveLoaves May: Onions
May: Onions. The month of April was filled with gorgeous orange breads! We have chosen onions for our May theme! Choose a recipe including onions (red, white, yellow), scallions (green onions, spring onions); leeks, shallots, garlic, pearl onion, cipollini, chives. Whatever you bake, (yeasted, quick bread, crackers, muffins, braids, flatbreads, etc) have fun and let’s have a delicious month of bread with onions. Let’s get baking!
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this May, 2014, and posted on your blog by May 31, 2014.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora fromCake Duchess and runs smoothly with the help of our friend Renee from Magnolia Days.
Pingback: Onion Rolls for #TwelveLoaves May | A Baker's House
Pingback: Caramelized Leek and Onion Focaccia with Ham and Cheese #TwelveLoaves | My Site
Pingback: Caramelized Leek and Onion Focaccia with Ham and Cheese #TwelveLoaves | Kudos Kitchen by Renee
I haven’t made many savory muffins but your recipe has made me re-think this, so I’m looking forward to trying these soon.
Pingback: Garlic and Lemon Thyme Ciabattas fot Twelve Loaves / Ciabatte all’aglio e al timo limonato per Twelve Loaves | rise of the sourdough preacher
I LOVE caramelized onions! This flavor combo sounds so good and your muffins are so beautiful. Great contribution!
I do love a good muffin and caramelized onion muffins sound perfect!
I have never thought to start with pancake mix on my way to muffins and that is a great idea! Can’t wait to play around with that in my kitchen. Thanks!
Just gorgeous, Kathya! I don’t know if you know this but I post a new muffin every single Monday, so muffins are my thing. I love yours!
Love that you added caramelized onions to these fluffy muffins! Fantastic, Kathya.
I’ll bet these taste so good. I’m guessing they’re a little sweet with using the pancake mix and cream cheese. Mmmm. Sweet, savory and tender. Three of my favorite things 🙂
I bet these are SO moist and delicious!!!
Cream cheese and caramelized onions are a winning combination for sure. Yum!
Pingback: Caramelized Vidalia Onion Rolls — Cake Duchess
Pingback: Onion Cheddar Bread #TwelveLoaves - tryanythingonceculinary.com
Pingback: Onion Rolls for #TwelveLoaves May
I would try not only but two of your muffins.
Excellent for a salty tea break.