You all know I love simple and easy recipes, specially for weekdays, and this one is not exception.
This tuna with rice is made with canned tuna and leftover rice, because in my house we always have leftover rice, is perfect for a quit dinner and you can also eat it cool as a salad, because the tuna taste good hot or cool, and my family love anything with rice so this is right out our alley.
So I hope you like and enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
- 3 cups of cook white rice
- 1 can of tuna preferably in water
- 1 small bag of frozen peas
- 2 cups of sheered carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the rice, tuna , carrots and peas, mix until incorporate, add the soy sauce, and mix for about 3 minutes until hot and a little toasty, taste the rice and if needed add salt and pepper, and is ready to serve.
- Serve with a side of salad, or vegetables.
Yields 4 servings.
|Preparation time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
For more ideas check out this week recipes.
Shrimp Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from Pescetarian Journal
Tuna with Rice from Basic N Delicious
Vegetarian Wet Burritos from Shockingly Delicious
Asian Lettuce Wraps from Noshing With The Nolands
Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups from The Weekend Gourmet
Pingback: Simple Delicious Menu Idea for a Busy Week, #WeekdaySupper Issue 70
Great meal, I love it and would want more for lunch the next day!!
Pingback: Vegetarian Wet Burritos — Shockingly Delicious
Pingback: Asian Lettuce Wraps for #WeekdaySupper | Noshing With The NolandsNoshing With The Nolands
This is my kind of dinner. I love all the dishes one can make with tuna, and this dish looks delicious!
That is exactly my kind of perfect leftovers dinner! Thanks for sharing your formula!
Pingback: Shrimp Grilled Cheese Sandwiches #WeekdaySupper - Pescetarian Journal