This month we have the great inspiration of the Italian bread, the best of the best in this cuisine.
I love a good focaccia bread, but sometimes I don’t have the time to make it with yeast, so I try and experiment with different recipes and methods and found the perfect compromise to this delicious bread.
So easy and fast you will love the crunchiness and the flavor, a mixture of basil oil with oregano and parmesan cheese.
Perfect for a side in salads or pasta, and of course just for the pleasure of eating perfectly delicious Italian bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil oil or olive oil and more for the baking sheet
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl add, water, flour, baking powder, salt, oregano and garlic powder, mix until everything is incorporated, then turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes. Form a ball and place it in a previously grease baking sheet, pour a little oil in the surface of the dough and spread into a rectangular shape.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe makes 1 focaccia bread.
|Level of the recipe:
Our host this month is Rossella from Ma ch ti sei mangiato, and our theme is Italian Breads. For more bread recipes, visit the #TwelveLoaves Pinterest board, or check out last month’s mouthwatering selection of #TwelveLoaves Olive Breads!
- Calzone from A Baker’s House
- Ciabatta from Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Italian Easter Cheese Bread from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Lemon Brasadella Italian Coffee Cake from NinjaBaker.com
- Pane Bianco Filled with Tomato, Basil, and Garlic from Never Enough Thyme
- Pane di Genzano from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pane di Pasqua (Italian Easter Bread) from Cake Duchess
- Pane Toscano (Tuscan Bread) from girlichef
- Parmesan Garlic Grissini from From My Sweet Heart
- Rosemary Red Onion Beer Bread from Shockingly Delicious
- Quick Focaccia Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Tuscan Lemon Quick Bread with Limoncello Glaze from Rhubarb and Honey
If you’d like to bake along with us this month, share your Italian bread using hashtag #TwelveLoaves!