I love cooking with my daughters and this week at #SundaySupper we are encouraging children to enter the kitchen.
It is very important for them to stay tuned for all the steps followed before sitting on the table at dinner time.
For this reason we want them to learn a lot more and get involved every day to elaborate easy and delicious dishes.
The more time you spend helping a child in the kitchen they will want to try more things, new vegetables, meats and even the most unusual meals that you can imagine.
Let your kids come into this wonderful world full of flavor, fun and learning and you will be helping them to expand the knowledge and palate.
Children are very curious and we must not leave them behind in anything, help them and teach them that food is as healthy delicious and fun that is.
This is one of the favorite recipes of my daughter, the only thing the she does not do is put these turnovers in the oven, because it still scares me a little, for the rest, she is quite a teacher, and what she loves most is lick her fingers filled with chocolate and cream cheese.
Hope you like and try to make these turnovers with your children.
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Ready to bake sheets of Puff Pastry
Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
In a bowl mix the cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until everything is well incorporated.
Roll out puff pastry slightly and cut into squares.
Place a teaspoon of cream cheese in the center of the piece of dough fold in half and then press the edges with a fork so that the filling does not come out while baking.
Beat egg and water with a fork and brush the turnovers with a pastry brush.
Bake for 10 minutes, when they are ready remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
To decorate with the chocolate, place the heavy cream in the microwave and heat for 20 seconds, in separate bowl place the chocolate, add half of the heavy cream each one and stir until completely melted, decorate as you like.
This recipe makes 12 turnovers.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Here is a list of more recipes make by amazing cooks just for you and your kids.
Start your day:
- Panko Encrusted French Toast Sticks ~Doggie At the Dinner Table
- Pineapple Not-Upside Down Muffins ~In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Bacon, Egg & Sausage Breakfast Cups ~Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttermilk French Toast with Homemade Cinnamon – Raisin Bread ~What Smells So Good
- Snack Attack: 3 Healthy Choices for Little Nibblers ~Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fruit Salad in an Orange Cup ~Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Whole-wheat Pretzel Dogs ~Family Spice
- Poblano Mac ‘N Cheese ~Juanita’s Cocina
- Coconut Chicken and Shrimp ~Super for a Steal
- Lunie and Mini-me’s Grilled Pizza ~Cravings of a Lunatic
- Hedgehog Meatballs and Chili Dog Pie ~Cooking by the Seat of our Pants
- Walking Tostada ~Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Sausage Rolls ~Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins ~In The Kitchen With KP
- Mexican Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers with Homemade Guacamole ~Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Threaded Spaghetti Hot Dog Bites ~Damn Delicious
- Golden Potato Patties ~My Trials in the Kitchen
- Grilled Chicken Wings in Sesame Flavors ~The Queen’s Notebook
- Spaghetti Tacos ~Girlichef
- Parmesan Corn on the Cob ~Home Cooking Memories
- Yum Yum Salmon and Green Beans ~Family Foodie
- Pad Thai ~Meal Planning Magic
- Chicken Tortilla Bake ~Mrs. Mama Hen
- Chocolate Slab ~Happy Baking Days
- Chocolate Chip Cut-Out Cookies ~Chocolate Moosey
- Self-Crust Coconut Pie ~Magnolia Days
- Fresh Cherry Clafoutis ~The Meltaways
- Wolf’s Wonderful Peanut Butter-Brownie Fudge Sundaes ~The Weekend Gourmet
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream ~The Messy Baker Blog
- Healthy Creamy Caramel Apple Parfaits with Greek Yogurt ~Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pudding Pops ~Hezzi-D’s Cooks and Books
- Chocolate Cheese Turnover ~Basic and Delicious
- Chocotorta Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Oatmeal and M&M Cookies ~That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Purple Blueberry Cake ~Tora’s Real Food
- Tropical Popsicles ~Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Carrot Cupcakes ~Diabetic Foodie