This is definitely a very special week for the family of #SundaSupper, as it is celebrating one year of sharing dinner around the family table.
For me personally it is an honor to be part of such a wonderful family and share the love of food that we all have.
To celebrate this event we chose recipes from different contributors that have this family, and believe me it was very difficult to choose among so many delicious and different cuisines.
After reviewing I chose a recipe that is not only easy to make and at the same time you can make this recipe with your children, and my children love to help for that reason I knew this is the perfect recipe. This recipe is originally from my colleague Carla of Chocolate Moosey and I personally recommend it, is simple and very delicious made with ingredients you always have on hand, which is very important.
I hope you enjoy.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla Sprinkles to decorate
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the cookies: In a large bowl, beat together butter, both sugars, vanilla, and salt until creamy.
Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour then stir in chocolate chips.
Remove the dough from the bowl and place it between two sheets of plastic wrap.
Roll the dough flat until it is 1/4-inch thick.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until firm.
Line two cookie sheets with either silicone mats or parchment paper.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and remove the top layer of plastic wrap.
Cut into shapes and place shapes on the cookie sheets.
As you run out of dough to cut, gather up the dough scraps and reroll.
Repeat until all of the dough is used up.
Chill the cookie sheets in the refrigerator while you preheat the oven to 350F.
When the oven is ready, bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Let stand for 3 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Vanilla buttercream. In a medium bowl, beat together sugar, butter and salt until creamy. Increase the speed to high and beat until creamy, 3-5 minutes.
Add vanilla and beat for another minute.
When the cookies are ready, decorate with sprinkles and buttercream
For the chocolate glaze
Place the chocolate chips in a plastic sandwich bag – do not seal.
Microwave for 45 seconds then knead until smooth. Squeeze all of the chocolate to one corner of the bag then make a small cut to the corner. Pipe the chocolate onto the cookies as desired. Let the chocolate harden before serving.
|Preparation time:||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||9-10 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
That is the original recipe, my girls help so we did a free shape cookie as you can see in the picture.
Here is the link again in case you miss something. Chocolate Moosey
Here is a list of more delicious recipes to celebrate this amazing birthday.
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Tomato Florentine Soup by Mama Mommy Mom inspired by The Meltaways
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- (GlutenFree) Chicken Bruschetta by The Meltaways inspired by Family Foodie
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Drunken Meatballs by Small Wallet Big Appetite inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Beef Stroganoff by What Smells So Good? inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken by Cupcakes and Kale Chips inspired by The Meltaways
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by From Fast Food to Fresh Food inspired byCrispy Bits and Burnt Ends
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Homemade Harissa by Masala Herb inspired by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Tropical Salsa by The Urban Mrs. inspired by Family Foodie
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragu by Crispy Pieces and Burnt Ends inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Paella by My Cute Bride inspired by What Smells So Good?
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Foodie Army Wife inspired by Fam Friends Food
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by Kelly Bakes inspired by Baker Street
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coconut Cranberry Honey Nut Cookies by Mama’s Blissful Bites inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Sweet N Spicy Roasted Spiced Nuts by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In the Kitchen with KPinspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals