Ok is that time again, the one when we are sending and sharing delicious recipes to other members of the club.
And this month I was really into light and different specially because summer is not very pleasant to weather to be baking a lot.
Thats why I make this light and super delicious coconut meringues, with a touch of sunset, because I add some orange color, they look pretty.
And please leve me comment with your thoughts about my easy, easy, easy, coconut meringues.
If you want to join The Leftovers Club just click and make sure to read all the rules or just send me an email and I will send the info to you.
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- orange food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a electric mixer, combine, egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and coconut extract, beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- With a toothpick, paint stripes of the orange food coloring on the inside of a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch open star tip, and carefully transfer meringue into the bag.
- Pipe the meringues in the shape the you like, I like a flower type shape.
- Bake for 2 hours or until meringues appear dry and firm when lightly touched.
This recipe makes 28 meringues.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||2 hours|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|