I love, love, love this time of the year, and all the cookies, cakes, turkey, ham you named it, it is just a delicious moment to be coking and baking.
And of course this month #CreativeCookieExchange theme is all about ginger. It is the second favorite ingredients, besides pumpkin puree.
We all love to baked and cook with this seasonal ingredients, and today I made this different kind of ginger cookie, it is like cookie and cake in one, and my daughter said you can dip then in chocolate for even more decadent flavor.
They have a rich flavor of ginger and a tanginess from the sour cream, this is just perfect to change up the traditional ginger cookies, and pack this holiday with this different and delicious Ginger Sour Cream Cookies.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups super fine sugar
- 1 stick soften butter
- 2 egg
- 1 cup of fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grown ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grown nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of crystalize ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, add the eggs one at the time.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients, then add to the mixture above alternating with the sour cream.
- You will have a very soft dough, and that is ok.
- Place teaspoon of the dough in a baking sheet, and place a little pice of crystalize ginger in the center of the cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Once ready place on a cooling rack.
This recipe makes 40 cookies.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
The theme this month is Ginger! Dried and ground, candied, fresh–if you like ginger in your cookies you have come to the right place! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Ginger Curry Sugar Cookies from The Spiced Life
- Favourite Gingerbread Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Vegan Ginger Cookies with Cardamom from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Ginger Chocolate Ninja Cookies from NinjaBaking
- Ginger Lemon Sandwich Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Buttery Ginger Shortbread Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pepparkakor– Swedish Ginger Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Oat, Orange and Ginger Crisps from Made with Love
- Séches aux Gingembre from Food Lust People Love
- Ginger Sour Cream Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Ginger Molasses Cutout Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Chewy Ginger Cookies from Spiceroots
- Chocolate – Ginger Chewies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Orange Ginger Cookies from Indian Curries/stew
- Refrigerator Ginger Cookies from DessertStalking Blog
Pingback: Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies) | A Baker's House
These soft little cookies sound yummy, they look so tender and light.
These look delicious! I second the chocolate 🙂
Love sour cream in my cookies!
I love your daughter’s idea of dipping these in chocolate, Kathia, but I think they are also perfect just as they are!
Those little cookies are adorable!! They sound yummy too.
This looks perfect.. Now, I know how to use my Sour Cream..
Pingback: Pepparkakor- Pippi Longstocking Ginger Cookies
Ohh these look so fluffy and delicious!
Pingback: Ginger Lemon Sandwich Cookies
Pingback: Ginger Curry Sugar Cookies: #CreativeCookieExchange; Review of Sugar Rush | The Spiced Life
These look like very quick and fun to make! Haven’t had a ginger and sour cream cookie!
With one full cup of sour cream these are right up my alley! Yum!
Pingback: Chewy Ginger Cookies
Pingback: Refrigerator Ginger Cookies #CreativeCookieExchange
Your cookies look and sound delicious.
Sour cream is awesome in cookies! So glad to you shared this recipe.
Soft cookies are wonderful, Kathia, And yours are no exception! P.s. This time of year is indeed wonderful =) Will you be in the US for the holidays?
Yum- cookies that act a bit like cake sound too good to be true!
Pingback: Ginger Molasses Cutout Cookies | Magnolia Days