We all love cookies and ice cream, specially when you can combine them and make a delicious sandwich.
This month the #CreativeCookieExchange, is bringing all the temptations together, yes we have all kinds of cookies and ice cream. Your eyes will be melted by the end of this post, am sure.
And just to make it even more decadent, I made for you a delicious, chocolate chunks cookies, a simple cookie with some dark chocolate squares that make this combination jus perfect.
I did not made the ice cream but is just to show you that you can combine this delicious cookies with any kind of ice cream flavor; my favorite has always been vanilla and is the one I made very often.
I want to here what you think of my cookies, and with what flavor of ice cream you would like to combine them.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- pinch of salt
- Your favorte ice cream
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Cream sugar ans butter for 5 minutes, add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for 2 minutes on medium low speed.
Mix in a bowl flour, salt and baking powder and add to the above mixture, mix in by hand the dark chocolate chunks.
Prepare the baking sheet, I use this super cute waffle cookie sheet, I found it on sale and you know it was hard to resist the temptation.
Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture and bake for 15 minutes. Place the cookies in a rack to cool completely before making the sandwich.
This recipe makes 12 cookies.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
The theme this month is Ice Cream Cookies–any kind of cookie that works well with ice cream in any form–could be an ice cream sandwich, could be the perfect cookie garnish! If you are dying to beat the heat with a fun ice cream creation involving cookies, we’ve got you covered! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. Please be patient though, as this month Laura is off to Italy and will not be checking email quite as often!
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Brownie Sundae Cookies by Anne from Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Cake Waffle Cookies with Banana Ice Cream by Terri at Our Good Life
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls by Anshie at Spice Roots
- Chocolate Chunks Cookies With Vanilla Ice Cream by Kathia from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Sundae Shortbread Cookies by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Sandwiches by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Fudge Ripple Cookies by Linda from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Mango Cake Cookies Bowls by Deepti from Simply Veggies
- Slice and Bake Peppermint Cookies by Laura from The Spiced Life
- Phirni Ice Cream and Ginger Cookies Sandwiches by Preeti from ISingCakes
- Tuile Cookie Cups by Stacy at Food Lust People Love