Today we are getting ready for ST. Patrick’s Day and we put together our most amazing green recipes for this day, a little help to get you up and ready for tomorrow.
And because spring is here is a good excuse to start with some greens by your side.
So grab a chair, a drink and enjoy this fabulous recipes.
I made for you Green Rice, this is a very popular side among my family, is my grandmother favorite rice, because is full of cilantro and of course as a good latin woman, cilantro is always in our house.
Is easy and good with any type of meat or fish, great for a family gathering or even a social event.
I’m sure you are going to love it.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 2 big handfuls of cilantro
- 2 mince garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup mince onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pot to medium low heat add oil, onion, garlic and rice, cook for 2 minutes, add salt to taste, blend water with cilantro, add to the rice, when start boiling, lower the heat and cover with the lit, and cook for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes check the rice, stir and taste a little peace this one have to be soft and completely cook, it doesn’t cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm and the leftovers are delicious the next day too.
This recipe makes 3 cups of rice one cook.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||32 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Check out this great green ideas.
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Pingback: White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting #SundaySupper
Pingback: Ρύζι με κόλιανδρο και κρεμμύδι - MaryMary.gr
Pingback: Oven-Fried Green Beans #SundaySupper Eat Your Greens - A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Cilantro lover here! I want this to go with my dinner tonight. Oh yeah…..
Pingback: Shamrock Spinach Crepes #SundaySupper » Curious Cuisiniere
I love making coriander rice, it compliments dishes so well without overwhelming the flavour.
What a wonderful, fragrant side dish! I am a huge fan of cilantro so I know I would LOVE this rice.
I’m a rice nut. This is a perfect simple tasty side dish.
Cilantro is one of my favorite green herbs, I adore how you used it to make this great rice dish!
Pingback: Verde Sangria #SundaySupper | Country Girl in the Village
Love this rice . . . cilantro is just one of my favorite herbal flavors! Pinning to my rice board!
Pingback: Shamrock Cookies #SundaySupper - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Pingback: Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes #SundaySupper | Webicurean
I love dishes like this that only require a handful of ingredients but the dish is packed with flavor and delicious!!! love this rice!
We eat rice at least once or twice a week. This looks delicious! I love the herbs. Thanks for sharing with #SundaySupper
Green Rice – what a wonderful idea – looks delicious and easy too – that’s right up my alley 🙂
happy you like it. thank you
This looks like the perfect side. Yum!!!
Pingback: Green Tea Latte
Pingback: Slow Cooker Stout Chicken Stew #SundaySupper
An easy, simple side dish…great recipe!
Pingback: Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes — Shockingly Delicious
Love the added cilantro and onion in this rice.
What a great side for some nice, spicy chicken!
Pingback: Collard Greens, Mushroom and Cheddar Bread Pudding #SundaySupper | The Texan New Yorker
Pingback: Brussels Sprout Slaw – Eat Your Greens for #SundaySupper
Your grandmother has great taste! I look forward to trying this delicious Green Rice.
Thank you I hope you do.
Pingback: Baileys Mint Ice Cream and Chocolate Stout Float #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Pingback: Lime Meltaways | Pies and Plots
Pingback: Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes #SundaySupper — MealDiva
That is so true about cilantro! haha, love cilantro rice too!
Is my family favorite 🙂
I love cilantro and rice together! Makes for a great side dish! This is a great recipe!
Pingback: Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie #SundaySupper - Desserts Required
Pingback: We're Eating our Greens for #SundaySupper!
This would be the PERFECT side dish to so, so many dishes! I love the bright, fresh taste of cilantro… and paired with rice, I’m sure it’s just lovely! Thanks for the recipe!
Thank you, hope you like it.
Pingback: Healthy Green Pasta for #SundaySupper | Mommasmeals.org
Pingback: Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart - Cupcakes & Kale Chips
I love green rice and have a recipe that’s very similar to this and also adds chopped green olives. I was hesitant at first to try it, but it was delicious. Nice cooking with you for Sunday Supper.
Thank you, is delicious indeed.
Pingback: Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad for #SundaySupper | Hip Foodie Mom
Pingback: It's Yummi! Recipe for Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach #SundaySupper
Pingback: Asparagus Chicken Flatbread Pizza — Family Foodie
Pingback: Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad #SundaySupper #green - Cindy's RecipesCindy's Recipes and Writings
Pingback: National Artichoke Hearts Day | Creamy Green Pizza for #SundaySupper
Pingback: Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise #SundaySupper
What a marvelous side dish for all sorts of meals! Looks delish!!!
This looks like a dish I would easily devour! I love cilantro!!!
Good happy you love it.
Your rice looks and sounds sooo good, Kathya. I hadn’t thought to use cilantro in rice but I am looking forward to giving it a try!
Perfect let me know if you make it, please.
You know, making rice on the stovetop has become somewhat of a lost art. Thank you for profiling the process here, especially since it looks so flavorful. Thanks for participating this week.