As you already know we love to bake in this group and each month our host choose a theme to challenge us to created a tasty and delicious bread.
This month the inspiration is brought to you by seeds, yes all the different recipes you can make with seeds of any kind, sesame, chia, pepitas, etc, all kinds of different textures and flavors in sweet and savory breads.
I decide to make a bread to welcome the spring, I know we are not there yet, but I can smell it in the air already, beautiful lemons and strawberries, Yum!; ups, ok yes lemons and chia seed, because why not, this are very popular right know and make a very taste and nutty combination.
And if you want your kids to try it, just make this quick bread and I asure you they will love it.
- 2 1/4 cup AP flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 teaspoons Chia seed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and sour cream for 3 minutes, then add vanilla extract eggs 1 by 1 and oil, mix for 3 more minutes.
- Sift together, flour, baking powder and salt, then add lemon zest and the chia seed.
- To the sugar mixture, add lemon juice and the dry ingredients, mix just to combine.
- I use mini loaf bread mold to make it pretty and tiny, but you can use a normal size one, spray some oil and pour the mixture in the mold.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cook in the center.
- This recipe makes 4 mini loaf breads or 1 normal size.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||45 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. This month’s theme is Seeds, and his hosted by Karen of Karen’s Kitchen Stories. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org Don’t forget to check out the rest of the delicious breads with seeds:
- Amaranth Banana Nut Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Anadama Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bird Seed Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crunchy Seed Braid from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Everything Dutch Oven Bread from Chef Mireille’s East West Realm
- Hearty Seed Dinner Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Khobz Mzaweq – Moroccan Decorated Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Chia Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Bread from A Baker’s House
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Makowiec – Polish Poppy Seed Bread from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Multigrain and Seed Bread Extraordinaire from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Multigrain Bread with Flaxseeds from Cooking Club
- Pain Petri (Moroccan Challah) from Passion Kneaded
- Seeded Club Soda Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sesame Studded Grissini from Ruchik Randhap
- Simit – Turkish Ring Bread from Spice Roots
- Six Seed Soda Bread from Bakers and Best
- Sunflower Seed Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Sunflower Seed Bread from Kids and Chic