Is so hot this days and I’m sure that you think the same, but nothing can’t compare to a homemade biscuit, and this month our lovely host Pavani from Cook’s Hideout give us the great challenge of creating a delicious bread recipe using our Summer Bounty! Yes easy, practical and summer special recipes for you to make.
If you ask me my staple veggies to have in hand, I would said, carrots, onions and potatoes, everybody love this veggies, you can make a sweet or savory recipe with this 3 vegetables and all the recipes taste delicious.
And that is why I made this biscuits, inspire by the sweetness of the carrots in a savory dish. This biscuits are not super sweet, you can easily smear some butter on then, soft, nutty and perfect to take with you and eat them on the go.
I truly love this recipe and I hope you love too. I want to hear what you think, so don’t forget to leave me a comment.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powder milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon grown cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a food processor add all the ingredients minus the half and half and butter, pulse until just combine.
Add the butter and pulse again about 4 times, then add the half and half gradually, by pulsing at the same time.
stop the process when you see the all the ingredients are some how incorporated.
Spray some cooking spray in a king sheet and place tablespoon of the mixture in it.
Bake for 14 minutes.
Place in a cooling rack to cool completely or you can eat it while is warm.
This recipe makes 6 drop biscuits.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||14 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here.
Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha’s Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla – Onion Pizza from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker’s House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm