With the arrival of spring, we also see how our kitchen begins to fill with colors, yellow, green, orange, are some of the colors that are in this moment in my kitchen because I love to fill my bowl with oranges, limes and lemons.
And this week we want to inspire you with recipes full of citrus, so you also begin to fill your kitchen with these colors.
The #SundaySupper team has prepared a variety of dishes inspired by these flavors, delicious recipes to prepare this summer.
Stay with us and delight yourself with the wonderful aroma of citrus to awaken all your senses.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of room temperature butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- The zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt.
Beat sugar, cream cheese and butter for 5 minutes or until the mixture is smooth.
Add the lemon zest and grated ginger with vanilla extract, add the flour gradually and finally incorporate the nuts.
Using an ice cream scoop, place the mixture in portions in previously greased trays.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Once baked, place the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes 32 cookies.
This type of cookies have a cake-like texture, so you must be very careful with the baking time.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
And if you want even more inspiration for this season, check out the links for delicious recipes
Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
Big On Citrus Breads & Condiments:
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
Make You Pucker Salads, Sides, & Main Dishes:
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni’s Food
- Fish Tacos with Lime Salsa from Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raw Beet Salad with Citrus Dressing from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sour Citrusy Sweets & Desserts:
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita’s Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Sour Sips & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, March 31st to talk all about citrus recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.