Im so exited to share this month recipe for the #TwelveLoaves group, and this month we have orange in all kinds, ways and form.
The most delicious recipes made with all kind of orange, juice, marmalade, jam, curd, anything you can image with orange we have it.
And I have for you this delicious orange rolls, made with a bread like dough, perfect for breakfast, warm out of the oven.
In the inside they have orange marmalade, I must say that is not from scratch, but coming soon in a tutorial, but equally delicious on this rolls, something that you’ll taste but almost invisible is the glaze, made with orange juice and powder sugar, give this rolls the perfect sweetness and balance.
I hope you love them and enjoy as me.
- 2 tablespoons of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 5 cups of AP flour
- 1 jar of orange marmalade
- 1 stick of butter melted plus 3 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer place sugar, yeast and water, let it rise for 5 minutes, then add the sour cream,1 stick of butter, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar, start mixing on low speed, add orange juice and salt, mix until combine, add the flour one cup at a time.
- Place the dough in a flour surface and knead for 5 minutes, place dough in a grease bowl and let it rise for 1 hour.
- After the hour, cut the dough in half, roll out one of the half and spread half of the orange marmalade, roll to made the form and cut in little rolls, made the same with the other half.
- Place all the pieces in grease baking dish pour the rest of the butter, and bake for 50 minutes.
- It depends on the oven, just check and made sure they are completely cook in the center.
- Once they out of the oven, add the glaze, just by mixing, 1 1/2 cup of powder sugar and 1/2 cup of orange juice.
Makes 18 rolls.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes plus 1 hour of rising|
|Cooking time:||50 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
Looking for more recipes inspired with orange? Check out this links
- Blueberry Dreamsicle Orange Lower-Fat Quick Bread from Shockingly Delicious
- Brith with candied orange from Ma che ti sei mangiato
- It’s Thyme for Orange Dinner Rolls from Cookistry
- Orange Biscuits from Magnolia Days
- Orange-Fennel Cake Doughnuts from girlichef
- Orange Marmalade Filled Sweet Rolls from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Orange Marmalade Scones from A Baker’s House
- Orange Pull-Apart Bread from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Orange Pull Apart Bread with Orange Cream Cheese Glaze from Bakingyummies
- Orange Rolls from Basic N Delicious
- Orange Rosemary Boule from Food Lust People Love
- Orange You Delicious Honey Crescent Rolls from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Pizza di Pasqua from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rye and fennel seeds snails with blood oranges and red onion chutney from Rise of the sourdough preacher
- Sicilian Orange Sweet Bread from Cake Duchess
- Strawberry and Orange Quick Bread with Candied Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
#TwelveLoaves April: Oranges. The month of March was filled with gorgeous strawberry breads! We have chosen ORANGES for our April theme! Choose a recipe including oranges. Your bread of choice recipe must include in the recipe: oranges, orange marmalade, orange zest. In addition to being in the dough, it could also be added to a glaze. Whatever you bake, (yeasted, quick bread, crackers, muffins, braids, flatbreads, etc) have fun and let’s have a delicious month of bread with ORANGES. Let’s get baking!
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this April, 2014, and posted on your blog by April 30, 2014.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess. #TwelveLoaves runs so smoothly thanks to the help of the lovely Renee from Magnolia Days and Heather from girlichef.
Pingback: Strawberry and Orange Quick Bread with Candied Orange Marmalade • Hip Foodie Mom
Pingback: Orange Honey Crescent Rolls #TwelveLoaves | My Site
Pingback: Orange Honey Crescent Rolls #TwelveLoaves | Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Pingback: Orange and Almond Quick Bread #TwelveLoaves | Bakewell Junction
I happened to chance upon twelve loaves and coincidentally I just baked an orange marmalade loaf bread few days ago. Question is, there were only marmalade and orange zest inside, but no orange juice. Does it still count, can i still link up?
Sure no problem.
I am always looking for a way to use jars of the orange marmalade I make and your recipe is perfect. The finishing glaze must really emphasize the orange goodness of these rolls. Sounds great!
Thank you glad you like it.
Delicious! Your rolls look perfect browned and pretty!
Thank you, They were so good 😀
Such fabulous rolls, Kathya! I’d love one for breakfast and then another one later as a snack…the orange glaze is fantastic!
Thank you, I think I need to make more
I would certainly be very happy to have one of these rolls for breakfast, or any time of the day for that matter. The theme this month has definitely been a good one.
I agree with you it was a great theme
Beautiful! These sound yummy!
Hi Kathya! Love these orange rolls with the orange marmalade!!! I could seriously eat an entire plate of these. . they look soooooo good!
Thank you, and Hi, happy the you like them.
I used to be addicted to those orange rolls in a can ( you know the ones!), when I was young. These have my name written all over them! Nice baking with you this month for #TwelveLoaves!
Yes I know what you mean with the can ones, I think this are perfect for you, happy you like them and thank you
These citrus-y rolls would be so nice to start the day with and perhaps have in the afternoon too.
Sure at any time 🙂
The crust looks so crunchy..beautiful!
You and I were on the same wavelength today with our orange rolls! Yours look fantastic!!!
Yes I see we were thinking the same, which I love, because you always made delicious and beautiful recipes. 😀
Gorgeous Kathia…and I think we can forgive the marmalade not being from scratch when it’s inside gorgeous from-scratch rolls like these ;).
Thank you 😀
Beautiful rolls, Kathia! That glaze is not invisible at all. It adds the perfect shine to your wonderful orange rolls.
The glaze really give this rolls something special indeed.
Pingback: Sicilian Orange Sweet Bread -Pane di Pasqua #TwelveLoaves - Cake Duchess — Cake Duchess
Pingback: Blueberry Dreamsicle Orange Lower-Fat Quick Bread — Shockingly Delicious
Pingback: Orange Marmalade Scones #TwelveLoaves
Orange juice and orange marmelade: you really captured the spirit of Twelve Loaves. Great recipe.
Pingback: #Twelve Loaves: Rye and fennel seeds snails with blood oranges and red onion chutney / #Twelve Loaves: Girelle di segale e semi di finocchio al chutney di arance sanguinelle e cipolle | rise of the sourdough preacher