This is just the most simple, delicious, low in sugar cinnamon you’ll find, is just perfection in a bite.
And this week our host for #SundaySupper Heather from girlichef, give the challenge to make any recipe with squash, and happened the I have a can of pumpkin puree, I need it to use it ASAP, this theme was perfect for me.
So, I made this amazing rolls, not your typical cinnamon roll, no, this is beyond that.
I personally love this recipe, because, is very low in sugar, so when you eat this rolls is not gonna be over sweet.
And the best part you can eat it with or without a frosting.
I hope you love them as much as I and enjoy at any hour of the day.
FOR THE BASIC DOUGH
- 3 packages of active yeast
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast and the warm water, let it rest for 5 minutes, then in low speed add honey, eggs and butter, still in low speed add salt and the flour 1 cup ad the time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Once ready, place the dough in a lightly flour surface, roll out to form a rectangle, then start with the filling, first spread the pumpkin puree and after that sprinkle the cinnamon, brown sugar and the pecans.
- Roll in the dough and cut in 1″ pieces, about 30 small pieces or 22 medium pieces, that is up to you. Place in a grease baking dish. Cover with a towel and let it rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Before baking spread some melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes.
|Preparation time:||40 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
And if you are hungry for more, check this recipes, they are to die for too.
Breakfasts and Breads
- Maple Butternut Squash Donuts from Mess Makes Food
- Pumpkin Sweet Rolls from Basic N Delicious
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones with Maple Nutmeg Icing from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Appetizers, Starters, and Condiments
- Butternut Squash and Couscous Patties-Indian Inspired from Soni’s Food
- Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Lamb from girlichef
- Quick Pumpkin Butter from Shockingly Delicious
Soups, Sandwiches, and Salads
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili from Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Pumpkin Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Grilled Cheese from Ruffles & Truffles
- Butternut Squash Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hearty Quinoa Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash from Citronlimette
- Roasted Buttercup Squash and Black Bean Soup (Dairy free) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Squash and Sesame Noodle Salad from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Quesadillas from The Dinner-Mom
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Balsamic Brown Butter from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Butternut Squash Lasagna from Hip Foodie Mom
- Butternut Squash-Sage Cream Sauce with Sausage Spaghetti from Daily Dish Recipes
- Carnival Squash with Maple Sausage Stuffing from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Butternut Squash with Spicy Wild Rice and Queso Fresco from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Pumpkin Alfredo from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Enchiladas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Risotto with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Pecans from The Weekend Gourmet
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprout Pizza from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Messy Baker
- Spaghetti Squash in a Creamy Sausage Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi from Pescetarian Journal
- Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Cranberries from Noshing With The Nolands
- Butternut Squash and Apple Crumble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chorizo and Craisin Stuffed Acorn Squash from Family Foodie
- Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash from The Urban Mrs
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese from Big Bear’s Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic Vinegar Honey Butter from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Squash and Apples from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Chipotle Butternut Squash Fries from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Twice Baked Pumpkin Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Browned Butter Frosting from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars from Pies and Plots
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Squashin’ Winter #SundaySupper from Enofylz Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash with Spicy Wild Rice and Queso Fresco #SundaySupper - Vintage Kitchen
Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic for #SundaySupper
Pingback: Pumpkin Alfredo #SundaySupper - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic for #SundaySupper | Take A Bite Out of Boca
Pingback: Butternut Squash Pie with Cinnamon-Brandy Whipped Cream #SundaySupper | The Texan New Yorker
Pingback: Pumpkin Sweet Rolls | IMG Recipes| Share Your Favorite Recipes, Cooking Tips & Food Images
I love the use of honey instead of sugar. I wonder how agave would work?!
Drooling at your rolls! They look so delicious and so tempting with the pumpkin and the cinnamon! Yumm….
Yummmm – I don’t think I could say no to the combination of a cinnamon roll with pumpkin! Two awesome things together…
These look awesome. Pumpkin sweet roll with a pumpkin spice latte? YES!
You know I normally don’t do much with pumpkin because it isn’t one of my favourite squashes but all these unique pumpkin ideas have really tickled my fancy and I think I want to try using it again. These pumpkin sweet rolls look like a perfect elevensy treat.
This looks beyond delicious. Thank you!
Pingback: Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad #SundaySupper
These look so good! yummy! Have to try these:)
These look delicious, and I like that they aren’t too sweet! My kids would love these!
Pingback: Butternut Squash and Couscous Patties-Indian Inspired
What a fun twist on a regular sweet roll recipe! They sound delicious
Pumpkin cinnamon rolls…the perfect fall breakfast treat!
Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprout Pizza - Curious Cuisiniere
Pingback: 43 Super Squash Recipes for Squashin' Winter #SundaySupper - In The Kitchen With KP : In The Kitchen With KP
Que delicia! Me los pudiera comer todos! Me encantan los rollos de calabaza.
Gracias, y de verdad estan muy buenos 🙂 yo te mando despues unos.
Who doesn’t love sweet rolls in the morning! Pair it with pumpkin and I’m sold!
Pingback: Spaghetti Squash in a Creamy Sausage Sauce #SundaySupper
Pingback: Butternut Squash and Bacon Grilled Cheese for #SundaySupper | Ruffles & Truffles
Pingback: Sweet N Spicy Chipotle Squash Fries ! Baked Chipotle Squash Fries
I’ve never tried this, however I need to.
Pumpkin pie in a bun, genius!
It’s genius to put pumpkin in the filling!
I want these for breakfast! They look so soft, just how rolls should be. I bet some pumpkin in the dough would be great too!
These look fantastic! I love the filling, it looks perfect for the holidays.
Pingback: Vegan Pumpkin Scones with Maple Nutmeg Icing Recipe | Killer Bunnies, Inc
What a brilliant idea to use pumpkin in a cinnamon roll!! Love it!!!
Pingback: Acorn Squash With Cinnamon and Cranberries for Squashin' Winter #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands
I love adding purees like this to breads! Your sweet rolls look just wonderful!
Pingback: Farmhouse Butternut and Apple Crumble | The Wimpy Vegetarian
Pingback: Butternut Squash-Sage Cream Sauce with Sausage Spaghetti | Daily Dish Recipes
Pingback: Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars | Pies and Plots
Pingback: Hearty Quinoa Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash #SundaySupper - citronlimette
Pumpkin sweet rolls!!!! omg, yummm! Sounds and looks fabulous!
Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna for #SundaySupper | Hip Foodie Mom
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are absolutely one of my favorite things to eat – these look amazing, Kathia…wish I had one to go with my coffee right now. 🙂
My daughter LOVES Cinnamon Rolls and will really enoy these! Thanks for sharing! 30AEATS was live at 7am CST. Please include my link. Much appreciated.
Pingback: Wine Pairing Recommendations for Squashin' Winter #SundaySupper - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Ohhh yum! I am all over these sweet rolls! Love that you used pumpkin! Looks incredible!!
Pingback: Quick Pumpkin Butter — Shockingly Delicious
Pingback: Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola — Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Pingback: Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon | Magnolia Days
Pingback: Butternut Squash and Spinach Quesadillas for #SundaySupper - The Dinner-Mom
Pingback: Carnival Squash with Maple Sausage Stuffing #SundaySupper | Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Pingback: Chorizo Craisin Stuffed Squash #SundaySupper — Family Foodie
Pingback: Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili for #SundaySupper | Supper for a Steal
I love sweet rolls I never used pumpkin I’ll give these a try, umm!
YUM! We love cinnamon rolls around here…and I’m sure the pumpkin provided beautiful color and flavor!!!
Lovely cinnamon rolls and perfect for this time of year.
Pingback: Pumpkin Sweet Rolls #SundaySupper | Sunday Supp...
A good pumpkin roll is irresistible, make it low fat and the thing just got better! I can imagine how tender the honey makes the dough Kathya!