Oh yes! we have cookies again, and we are celebrating a little early 5 de Mayo, because we want for you to have all what you need before this huge celebration.
All the cookies the we make today are inspired in this celebration, all Mexican or latin inspired cuisine.
I made, this delicious Dulce de Leche cookies, so easy and so good, they are made with only a few ingredients and I know you don’t believe it but the flavor of the dulce the leche is not heavy, so you can enjoy more then one piece, and the change I did is the instead of round cookies I spice it up by making little squares or bars, easier and different you know me I’m very practical, I like simple and easy recipes.
And know you just need to buy or make a good Dulce de Leche so you can make this super delicious cookies, and share with your family and friends, and don’t forget to make some extra for your 5 de mayo celebration too.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 /2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup Dulce de Leche
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, then add the dulce de leche, in other bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda and add to the mixture above, place the dough in a 8×8 pyrex, previously grease, and distribute well in the pyrex.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting in pieces, if you prefer, you can shape in round cookies.
This recipe makes one hold cookie.
|Level of the recipe:
And for more inspired, delicious cookies for 5 de mayo and more check out my friends amazing recipes.
The theme this month is Cinco de Mayo – and what better way to celebrate than baking cookies! Creative Cookie Exchange has decided to stop using the linky. What this means is that the only way to join in the fun is to become a host. Just contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Mexican Chocolate Wedding Cookies from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Polvorones con Chocolate from Laura The Spiced Life
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Thumbprint Cookies from Sophie at Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Feast Day Cookies from Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Margarita Cookies from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cinnamon Coffee Meringue Cookies from Kim at NinjaBaking.com
- Cinnamon and Piloncillo Cookies from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Chilli Roll Out Cookies from Jill at Made with Love
- Dulce de Leche Alfajores from Holly at A Baker’s House
- Triple Orange Mexican Cookies from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars from Kathya at Basic N Delicious