I’m so happy because this month out wonderful host choose one of my favorite ingredients delicious soft, chewy, sweet Caramel.
It is in all forms the most versatile and perfect ingredient for a delicious cookie specially when we add coconut and nuts.
This cookies are just perfect with a cold glass of milk or a cup of tea, crunchy not to sweet but with enough caramel flavor to satisfy a demanding audience.
I love this cookies because they are easy, crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, and if you are hungry for some cookies, we want all kinds here, of course made with our special ingredient, Caramel.. Yum!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine oats, flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well, then in another bowl mix caramel bits, pecans and coconut with a teaspoon of flour and add to the above mixture by hand.
Then in a baking sheet with some parchment paper, drop by tablespoons 2 in. apart and bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe makes 32 cookies.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||16 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
The theme this month is Caramel–any kind of caramel in any kind of cookie! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. Please be patient though, as this month Laura is off to Italy and will not be checking email quite as often!
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars from The Spiced Life
- Camel Milk Caramel Basbousa from Food Lust People Love
- Salted Caramel Macarons from A Baker’s House
- Chocolate Caramel Rocks from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Cashew Cookies from Our Good Life
- Millionaire Shortbread Bars from Spiceroots
- Basement Brownies from Sidewalk Shoes
- Chocolate Walnut Caramel Stuffed Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands
- Take 5 Caramel Oatmeal Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Eggless Vanilla-Caramel Biscotti from What Smells So Good?
- Caramelized White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies from Bakingyummies
- Caramel Thumbprint Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Caramel Shortbread Cookie Strips from Magnolia Days
- Salted Caramel Butter Cookies from SimplyVeggies
- Caramel Coconut Cookies from Basic N Delicious