This is definitely a day to celebrate, we’ve cleaned the grill and the table is ready with all the delights that the family has prepared.
And this year I try to change a little and I make a salad a little bit more healthy, after all we have plenty to eat on this day.
This recipe is the perfect choice to celebrate without guilt of what we are eating, you can say it’s a full meal or a great side dish.
It is definitely an option a little bit more healthy to enjoy this special day.
Celebrate this July 4th in a big way alongside your friends and family.
- 1 pound pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ounces diced cooked ham low fat
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Remember to add enough salt to the water where cooking the pasta this way will have a better flavor.
Once ready pass through a colander and sprinkle with cold water to stop the cooking procces.
In a separate bowl stir all ingredients except the cilantro or parsley.
When the pasta is ready incorporate all the ingredients and stir well.
Chill at least an hour.
Before serving add the cilantro or parsley.
I recommend serving it very cold, but also may be served at room temperature.
This recipe makes 14 servings.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||8 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Red/white/blue German Obstkuchen (fruit-topped cake) German Foodie
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
- Red White and Blue Triffle Cravings of a Lunatic