This month we have sandwich cookies for you, and we love Alfajor cookies.
The cookies are original from Peru and every country has there variation, I love to make this one the crumbles a little while you eat it.
In the center of the cookie you will find super delicious Dulce de Leche, I know I use it a lot, but it is completely addictive and that is the filling for this cookies.
So easy to make and very delicious, great for parties or any kind of fun activity like a picnic; a plus to these cookies is the they don’t melt.
Make the cookies and let me know what was your favorite part and of course how much you like them.
- 2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- Powder sugar for decoration
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a electric mixer add sugar, flour, butter and egg yolks, mix for 2 minutes, then add the milk.
Place the dough in a lithely flour surface and roll out, using a small cookie cutter cut the cookies and place on a baking sheet, repeat until you run out of dough.
Bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe makes 30 cookies
|Level of the recipe:
The theme this month is Sandwich Cookies–any kind of cookie presented as any kind of sandwich, we’re laid back because that means more cookies for everyone! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Lemon Kissed Funfetti Sandwich Cookies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache from The Spiced Life
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Filled Orange Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Linzer Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Chocolate Mint Sandwiches from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Choc Orange cookie sandwich from Made With Love
- Chocolate Amaretto Creams from Our Good Life
- Maple Cream Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Mini Alfajor Cookies from Basic N Delicious