I’m so exited to be back to this group, this is a theme the I really love because my family enjoy so much when I made bundt cakes, the at least once a month I made one.
And this month of course we needed to create a bundt full of chocolate and love, well let me tell you a little secret, I prefer chocolate chunks or chips in the cake than the hold chocolate cake.
We think is more fun that way, and this is my inspiration for this bundt, the perfect combination of orange and chocolate, little pieces of chocolate the melts in the citrus delicious flavor of the orange, so good with my coffee right now.
Ok sorry about that, I needed to take a bite out of my cake, so good, that am sure you are going to be all over this bundt after you make it.
And of course, the other delicious, bundts the my friends made to inspired you.
Put on your apron and start mixing, the kitchen is waiting for you.
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 6 onzes semisweet chocolate chunks mince
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, then add the orange zest.
- In other bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, then add the eggs one by one and vanilla extract, mix for 2 minutes.
- Start adding dry ingredients alternating with the orange juice mix with buttermilk, mix just to incorporate, add the pieces of chocolate by hand, trying to mix the chocolate in the cake.
- Place the mixture on a grease bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
Yields one bundt cake.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
We have ten fabulous cakes for the #BundtBakers this month, and it is all about chocolate. That is right, our theme and ingredient of choice is Chocolate. We’ve got milk, semi sweet and dark chocolate. In the cake, in the glaze and every way you like it! All baked to perfection in delicious Bundt cakes.