And this is the month I was waiting for so long, because we made delicious and irresistible caramel bundt, yes so sweet and gooey good the you never ever would look a bundt cake with the same eyes.
And this is because caramel is just my favorite, well that and coconut, I cook, make and created a lot of my sweet recipes with coconut and caramel, yum, and maybe is because back in home those are like an every day staples in the kitchen, making sweet recipes required caramel or dulce de leche all the time.
It is just delicious, and in this occasion I really want it to make something new and different, and is so funny, I made my bundt with some caramel filling, but it kinda got stuck on the pan, but it is still so delicious, gooey and oh my incredibly addictive, oh I forgot to tell you the I add some banana for a “healthy” approach.
As I always said enjoy and I hope you like it.
Also thank you to Lauren Everson from Sew You Think You Can Cook for hosting this month event.
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks soften butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1/2 cup caramel(I used the one for ice cream)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer for 5 minutes.
Once the butter is all fluffy and light, add eggs, vanilla extract, mashed banana and half and half. It would look weir at first but don’t worry once you add the dry ingredients it will look pretty.
In a separate bowl sift flour, salt and baking soda, add to the egg and butter mixture and beat for 3 minutes.
See now looks super yummy and pretty.
In a bundt mold already cover with oil and flour or butter, add half of the batter then add the caramel filling, (just mix the caramel, cinnamon and brown sugar together to well combine), be careful with the filling place it only in the center and without touching the sides of the mold, and then add the rest of the batter.
Bake for 1 hour or until the center of the cake when you insert a toothpick comes up clean.
This recipe makes 1 bundt cake.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. This month’s theme is caramel and our creative host is Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to email@example.com. All recipes and photographs can be found on our individual blogs, on our Pinterest board, and the #BundtBakers homepage.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cider Caramel Glaze by Cassie of Cassie’s Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Aisha of La Cocina de Aisha
- Brown Butter Praline Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Tux of Brooklyn Homemaker
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Kaylin of Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Caramel Banana Bundt Cake by Kathya of Basic N Delicious
- Caramel Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Icing by Rebekah of Making Miracles
- Caramel Chocolate Bundt Cake by Natalia of Principiando en la Cocina
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce by Laura of Baking in Pyjamas
- Cornmeal Bundt Cake with Caramel Popcorn by Patricia of Patty’s Cake
- English Toffee Bundt with Drunken Dulce Drizzle by Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Fall Classic Caramel Bundt Cake by Maleka of La Luna en Dulce
- Fair Toffee Apple Bundt by Jane of Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Milky Way Bundt Cake by Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Glazed Butterscotch Pecan Bundt Cake by Laura of The Spiced Life
- Snickers Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Bea and Mara of I Love Bundt Cakes
- Spiced Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel Brickle Drizzle by Teri of The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Caramel and Pear Bundt Cake by Rocío of Kids&Chic
- Three Flavor Zebra Bundt Cake – Vanilla, Caramel and Chocolate by Caro of En la Cocina de Caro
Pingback: caramel apple bundt cake #bundtbakers -
Pingback: Snickers Bundt cake with caramel glace #BundtBakers | I Love Bundt Cakes
It looks great!! And that caramel filling is even better!!
It looks delicious!!!!
My lord that looks good.
I almost went a banana route too! That’s a beautiful cake you have there. Thank you for baking with us!
Pingback: Peanut Butter & Chocolate Marble Bundt with Peanut Butter Caramel #Bundt Bakers | Baking in Pyjamas
I love how you have a caramel filling in the middle.
Pingback: Butterscotch Pecan Bundt Cake with a Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Glaze: #BundtBakers | The Spiced Life
It looks delicious
Pingback: Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cider Caramel Glaze #bundtbakers | Cassie's Kitchen
This sounds perfect, Kathya. I love that you made a banana bundt…this would be perfect with coffee in the morning! 😀
uuummmm… so yummy!!!
Pingback: brown butter praline bundt cake with salted caramel drizzle #bundtbakers | Brooklyn Homemaker
That looks amazingly gooey and delicious!! I definitely want to give this one a try. 🙂
Pingback: #BundtBakers: Caramel | Sew You Think You Can Cook
looks delicious! So glad you got some good photos of it!
I LOVE banana cake, Kathia, and your combination of banana and caramel is wonderful! I love the way the top turned out so sticky and shiny from the caramel inside.
It is a perfect bundt cake , must be delicious.