This month for #TheLeftoverClub I have the pleasure to send some delicious mini treats to my friend Shaina Wizov from Take a bite out, and it is amazing because I feel the we know each other even thought she lives in the other side of the country.
And I choose something not so sweet or heavy because she ask me to make her a light treat.
So I made this mini crunchy macaroons, a little different from the one you normally eat because I add some corn flakes, to make it more crunchy and lest heavy with the coconut.
This recipe is inspired by a cookbook a friend gave me long time ago, and the recipe is similar but I chance a few ingredients to make it low sugar, low sodium and low carb.
If you make this macaroons, you will notice the difference because the low sugar make them just perfect, not as sweet and heavy on the flavor and the best part you can eat 3 of these, Amazing!
So hope you enjoy and enjoy and enjoy.
Did I said enjoy? I meant devore 🙂
If you want to join The Leftovers Club just click and make sure to read all the rules or just send me an email and I will send the info to you.
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the corn flakes in a ziploc bags and using your hands just break the corn flakes into little peaces, not powder.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until incorporated well.
- With your hands damp grab about a teaspoon of the mixture and place them in a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe makes about 18 to 24 mini macaroons.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||25 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|