What a great theme we have this month at the #BundtBakers table, making a mix of fruit and nuts has always been one thing I enjoy doing. The combinations are endless and you can make simple bundt cakes as other very elaborate.
I love this combination of pineapple and pecans, this kind of cake I have done on other occasions but this time decided to add grated coconut for a touch pina colada style.
It is very simple and delicious, definitely very different from any that have tried it before, I assure you that you will love it.
This particular recipe, enough to make two cakes, so if you wish you can prepare and give one or can also make cupcakes and place frostin.
Definitely the possibilities are endless. It is ideal for summer for its tropical flavors, and it is very hot, but you must prepare this cake.
If you want you can vary the ingredients and have different recipes for all seasons of the year.
The only thing you should consider is that only fruit and nuts must change, not the proportions of the cake.
I hope you enjoy it as much as us here at home.
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 sticks soften butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, then add the vanilla extract and the eggs one by one.
In another bowl mix, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, coconut and pecans.
Mix the juice of the pineapple with the sour cream, then alternate this mixture with the dry ingredients.
Mix just until combine, add the pineapple chunks by hand.
Place the mixture in 2 bundt cake molds, already spray with cooking spray, and bake for 1 hour or until completely cook in the center.
Let it cool in the mold for 20 minutes, then place in a cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes 2 bundt cakes.
|Level of the recipe:
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
- Almond Rhubarb Bundt Cake from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Aloha Bundt Cake from Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake from Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Apricot-Almond Bundt Cake from Cali at Cali’s Cuisine
- Banana Peanut Butter Bundt Cake from Jana at Jenny and Sweets
- Banana Monkey Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs at Los Chatos Chefs
- Banana Pecan Bundt with Bananas Foster Frosting from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Banana Split Bundt Cake from Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food
- Blueberry Cherry Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cherry and Almond Bundt Cake from Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cherry and Nuts Bundt Cake from Diego at La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Cherry and Sliced Almond Mini Bundt Cakes from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Cherry Pistachio and Honey Bundt Cake from Ethel at eating in instead
- Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Eggless Mango Almond Bundt Cake from Shilpi at Simply Veggies
- Generra Bundt Cake from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon Lime Pistachio Bundt Cake from Rocío at kidsandchic
- Orange and Pecan Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache from Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Orange Blossom Honey Nut and Blueberry Cake from Anshie at Spice Roots
- Peach and Pecan Bundt from Catherine at Living The Gourmet
- Peach Coffee Cake from Julie at Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Pineapple-Pecan Bundt Cake from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple Sundae Bundt Cake from Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pomegranate and Pistachio Kugelhopf from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Roasted Banana and Black Walnut Bundt Cake from Terri at Our Good Life
- Summer Fig Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Vegan Orange Ripple Rhubarb Cake with Pistachio Sauce from June at How to Philosophize with Cake