Yes, the #BreadBakers team are using quinoa this time, and we want to give you a bunch of ideas so you can start using this different, healthy and versatile ingredient.
I want to tell you the you can find, all kinds of Quinoa products, flour, pasta, raw, and event precook quinoa, it is a different option if we are trying to lower our carbs and perfect if you want to change the traditional wheat bread.
I made, this easy pumpkin and quinoa muffins, using only quinoa flour and some other ingredients the can give it a better taste, I need to make it more decadent so my family would eat it.
I also made a crumble, very tasty and delicious, a little crunch to a soft and perfect crumb.
Delicious warm with tea or coffee or a hot chocolate, for this winter days.
Hope you enjoy them.
- 1-15 ounces can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl mix together, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg. baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, beat eggs, oil and sugar, in medium speed, then add pumpkin puree, vanilla and half and half, mix well, add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine.
- Pour the batter in a muffin tin already with some muffin liners.
- Mix the ingredients for the crumble and place about a teaspoon on each muffin, bake for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
- Eggnog Cranberry and White Chocolate Quick Bread by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Garlic Multigrain Bread by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Maple Walnut Quinoa Quick Bread by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Mocha Porter Quinoa Loaf by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- No Knead Quinoa Bread by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pan de Quinoa y Miel by Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Quinoa and Millet Bread by Anshie at Spiceroots
- Quinoa Apple Muffins by Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story
- Quinoa Poolish Baguettes by Adam at Bakers and Best
- Quinoa Oatmeal Bread by Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Pumpkin Muffins by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Red Quinoa Sourdough Bread by Sophie at Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
What is Bread Bakers? It’s a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Bread Bakers Pinterest Board. Links are also updated after each event on the Bread Bakers home page.
How is the monthly theme determined? We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Thank you to Chef Mireille from East West Realm for hosting.
Would you like to join in the fun? If you are a food blogger, send an email with your blog name and url to Stacy at email@example.com.