Here in the movement of
#SundaySupper we celebrate Father’s Day, what I most enjoy is cooking for my husband and have a special family day.
On a day like this we gather to eat at the table, telling stories, laughing and we give lots of love to the man who makes our lives special.
He is the best husband in the world, patient, hardworking, my best friend, my support and my biggest critic, for these reasons and others deserve only the best.
I try to prepare for him, comfort foods, this recipe is a favorite and the best moment to do it than on this day.
I share with lots of love this recipe.
- 1 beef tongue that weights proximally 3 pounds.
- 4 cup of low sodium beef broth.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cans of organic dice tomatoes 14.5 Oz
- 1 onion, cut into julienne
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of Ketchup
- 1 cup of broth where you cook the meet
- 1/2 cup of cilantro or parsley chopped finely
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the meat in slow cooker with broth, garlic, salt and bay leaf for 4 hours or until meat is very soft.
Remove meat from the pot and remove the fibrous part, so you remain with only meat.
Cut into 2-inch medallions and set aside.
In a large skillet melt butter and add onion let it cook for 5 minutes.
Add tomato, oregano, beef broth, ketchup, salt and pepper and let simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add the meat and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Before serving, add the cilantro or parsley.
Serve with white rice and a green salad.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||4 hours and 30 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||easy|
You can also enjoy other dishes that celebrate Das, visiting the recipes from these amazing fellow bloggers, that make the #SundaySupper the best reason to share with family always.
- Dad’s Omelette Bar Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Butter and Honey for Father’s Day Breakfast Yummy Smells
- Healthy French Toast In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Paska Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Phil’s Pasta Tuna Salad The Watering Mouth
- Simple German Potato Salad and Wiener Wursts German Foodie
- Roasted Beet Soup Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Dad’s Cornbread Magnolia Days
- Greek Burger Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dad’s Favorite Roast Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Sonoran Hot Dogs Damn Delicious
- Bacon Stuffed Jucy Lucy Burger Are you Hungry?
- Spicy Roasted Salmon in Coconut Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dad’s Pride-of-Mobile Fried Oysters Pescetarian Journal
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with Tarragon Butter Tora’s Real Food
- Beef Tongue in Tomato Sauce Basic and Delicious
- Bibim naeng myun Kimchi Mom
- Chicken Biryani Soni’s Food for Thought
- Black Beans, Corn and Rice Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Bacon Recipes for Dad Momma Cuisine
- Curry Fish with Mixed Vegetables MyTrials in the Kitchen
- Roast Beef Roll Ups Daily Dish Recipes
- Bread and Butter Pudding Cositas Bonitas
- Tin Roof Sundae Ice Cream famfriendsfood
- Coconut Cream Pudding Chocolate Moosey
- Rich & Fluffy Banana Pudding Parfait The Meltaways
- Black Forest Cheesecake Cravings of a Lunatic
- Macadamia Nut Cookies Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Peach Cobbler Bars Juanita’s Cocina
- Iced Cookie Bars That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pudim Molotoff, Portuguese Meringue Pudding Family Foodie
We love to connect with you and answer any of your recipe questions and inspire you to spend more time Around the Family Table with loved ones. Whether it’s #SundaySupper or #weekdaysupper, our team always has great recipes to share.