This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PureLifeRippleEffect #CollectiveBias
Well let me tell you, this back to school for us was crazy! First, the weather which was super hot in the mornings and awfully hot in the afternoons made it so impossible for my girls to keep up with all the new projects they had. Then our afternoons were so busy between homework, ice skating, and chores that we could not keep up.
Fortunately, I always carry Nestlé® Pure Life® Water in my car, and having this great source in there gives me confidence the I can keep my girls hydrated and healthy all the time.
For us as a family, it is very important to maintain a good schedule on our water consumption. We not only have water in the car, we also carry our water everywhere. I have a bottle in my purse all the time, my husband keeps a stack in his office, and my girls carry at least 2 bottles a day to drink during school hours.
I love to come home from Walmart where I buy all my Nestlé® Pure Life® and put some in the freezer. We love to drink very cold water, especially on a hot day!
Another way I manage to have my girls drink more water is by making them a delicious and nutritious lunch, such as a good sandwich, wrap, or quesadilla with some fruit and water. I make sure it’s super good, delicious, and healthy, too.
Today I want to share with you this delicious and easy Whole Wheat Bean and Cheese Quesadilla. It’s the perfect lunch to make for our kids with some fruit and our favorite drink, Nestlé® Pure Life® Water.
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 apples cut into slices
Using one tortilla at a time, place 2 tablespoons of beans, 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 teaspoon of cilantro in half of the tortilla, and place the other half on top.
Heat up a skillet to medium low heat and spray with some cooking spray. Cook for about 3 minutes on both sides, or until crispy. Cut into any shape your kids love, and make some happy faces on their bottle of water.
Serve with a mini water bottle and four or five apple slices.
This recipe makes 4 quesadillas.
Remember, beans contain fiber and iron which are good for our growing kids. Beans promote healthy digestion and iron is a nutrient for their blood. Cheese made with whole milk is a good source of calcium, and water keep our kids hydrated and helps with healthy digestion, too.
I recently read a survey* conducted by Nestlé® Pure Life® in which moms and kids revealed many surprising insights about their hydration habits. I thought you’d find them interesting as well!
- 97% of moms think making one healthy choice leads to making other healthy choices.
- Kids who drink less than 4 glasses of water a day are more likely to request soda, juice, and sports drinks (76%).
- Kids who drink 4+ glasses of water per day are more likely to frequently exhibit healthy habits, such as getting their own water when thirsty, eating their fruits and vegetables at mealtimes without reminders, and requesting healthy food and beverage options for school lunches.
- Drinking water is one of the biggest “healthy habit” struggles moms have with their kids (38%), even more than struggles like “eat your fruit” (29%), “get enough exercise” (23%), and “eat your breakfast” (19%).
Here are some great tips from Robin Plotkin to help encourage your family to drink up more often!
- Have cups, straws, lids and other drinking “equipment” available to provide to your kids to make drinking water more fun. Empower them to fill their own cups of water and praise them when they do.
- Drink a cup when you wake up. Create a routine that involves drinking 1 cup of water upon waking. Simply leave a supply of disposable paper cups near the sink. Much like washing the face and brushing teeth, this will quickly become a regular part of the morning for each family member.
As a proud supporter of the Partnership for a Healthier America’s Drink Up initiative, Nestlé® Pure Life® is committed to helping families make healthier choices, starting with hydration. To help your family Drink Up and be a part of the Ripple Effect – a movement to keep kids hydrated – visit pureliferippleeffect.com and share your tips for healthy hydration using #pureliferippleeffect.
If you want to know more, visit Nestlé® Pure Life® Facebook page HERE.
I’ve shared my tricks with you on how we use Nestlé Pure Life Water to create a delicious back-to-school lunch! What is your favorite way to use it for your family?
You can find Nestlé® Pure Life® at Walmart, visit them on Facebook.
*Online survey conducted in June 2015 of 1,077 moms of kids ages 6-12 overall, including 254 Hispanic moms of kids ages 6-12. 1,077 kids ages 6-12 from the same household were also surveyed, including 254 Hispanic kids ages 6-12. © 2015 Nestlé® Waters North America Inc.