I’m so happy to be able to share with all of you this recipe, it was a pretty difficult week, and I wasn’t sure I was going to make it but I did it.
This month our host Anshie give us a challenge, make a bundt with a filling, and it was a really difficult task, not only because sometimes making a cake with a filling its messy, but because, the it has to stay inside the cake, like when you cut and is like a hidden surprise.
So in the spirit of spring and because I love cheese, I made for you this delicious tangy and super soft bundt, it is perfect for tea or coffee in the afternoon and the flavors are just the perfect combination for this recipe.
I really love this cake and I know the the filling is not in the center but it tastes really good and am sure you will love it too.
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 8 onz package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries cut in fine pieces
- zest of half a lemon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, set aside
In the bowl of a stand mixer cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes, then add eggs one by one, vanilla extract; add dry ingredients alternating with the milk, beat just until combine.
In another bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, strawberries and lemon zest.
Now in a bundt pan previously grease, add the cake batter, then add tablespoons of the filling in the center of the cake, mix a little with the batter to cover the filling.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until completely cook in the center.
This recipes makes 20 servings of cake.
|Preparation time:||25 minutes|
|Cooking time:||1 hour 10 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.
Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. The theme for April is “Hidden Surprise” – Bundt cakes with fillings or stuffing. There was no constraint on filling and flavor choices.The only
requirement was that the cake be filled/stuffed inside. Anshie from SpiceRoots was our host for this month.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Almond Crunch Cake – Magnolia Days
- Balsamic Strawberries Bundt Cake –
Our Good Life
- Banana Maple Bundt Cake with Chocolate Star – Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Black and White Surprise Bundt Cake – Patty’s Cake
- Chocolate and Vanilla Polka Dot Bundt – Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Oreo Cheesecake Filling – Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Peanut Butter Bundt Cake – Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Citrus Raspberry Bundt – Noshing With The Nolands
- Confetti Zebra Cake – Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Cookie Dough Bundt Cake – Liv for Cake
- German Mozarthupf – A Kingdom for a Cake
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Key Lime Cheesecake Swirl – Brooklyn Homemaker
- KitKat Surprise Bundt Cake –Simply Veggies
- Lemon Blueberry Van Halen Bundt – Food Lust People Love
- Orange and Strawberry Jam Bundt Cake – Baking Yummies
- Pear and Blue Cheese Bundt – Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Polka Dot Bundt Cake – Brunch with Joy
- Raspberry Filled Lemon Bundt – A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Real Nutella Bundt Cake – Baking in Pyjamas
- Savory Monkey Bread Stuffed Bundt – Adventures in All Things Food
- Sour Cream Boozy Hazelnut Bundt Cake – Sidewalk Shoes
- Spring Break S’mores Cake – Tea and Scones
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bundt Cake – Basic N Delicious
- Strawberry Twinky Bundt Cake – I Love Bundt Cakes
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake – Big Rigs ‘n Lil’ Cookies
- Surprise Bundt – Mummy & Cute
- Surprise Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake – Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake- Making Miracles
- Triple Lemon Bundt Cake – Baking and Creating with Avril
- Tropical Surprise Bundt Cake – Spice Roots