This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Using La Morena Products to created my recipes for this holy week is bean really a delicious and perfect idea.
I’m very lucky to have a great variety of stores where I can find these quality products like Northgate Gonzalez, this latino specialty store is where you can find all kinds of different La Morena products.
The authentic flavor and great variety of the products are what’s makes me keep using them in all my recipes. And you know the this is the time for Lent, so all the recipes we make are meat free, only fish and veggies are allowed, we take this time of reflection very serious.I recently bought a variety of jalapeños, chipotle, chipotle sauce, in these days of Easter or Cuaresma adding original and different flavors is what makes my meals even more delicious. This vegetable stew is a Sunday lunch in my house for Semana Santa, we love to make this healthy, pack in flavor meals, in my house is a most after church and once in a while, I change it up a little by adding pieces of fish.
You can also get your hands on this products by participating in this giveaway La Morena is giving away FIVE $200 gift cards. Just click below to enter. Good Luck!.
- 1 15 onz can of chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- 1/2 cup mince onion
- 1/2 cup mince red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 medium carrots cut in rounds
- 1/4 cup La Morena Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a heavy bottom pan heat to medium heat, add oil, onions,tomato and bell pepper, cook for 3 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients including the chipotle sauce, ketchup, water, and tomato paste, low the heat cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once ready add salt and pepper to taste, cilantro and let it cook for 3 more minutes, in the meantime toast some bread, I personally love bolillo bread, you can find this bread in latino specialty stores, but you can use any one of your preference.
- Also if you like a lot of spice in your food, you can perfectly use the entire can of chipotle sauce.
This recipe makes 3 servings.
|Preparation time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes|
|Level of the recipe:||Easy|